Your comments are in inverted commas: my responses are in italics.
Tuesday 19th January 2021
062. Two thoughts arising in January 2021 . . . A Tale of two Towns and A spiritual cause of Environmental Degradation?
061. The prediction of Revelation chapter 13 verses 16 to 18 may arrive during the next three years. See here. Be prepared.
060. For how our difficult time might last until November 2023, see here. More on this in 059 and 006 below. Thank you.
059. In response to my view that we are in a sabbath rest of three years plus - see feedback 006 below - Chris Bright wrote on the Prophecy Today website,
"Back in late March, or early April, just after lockdown was announced, I wondered whether one consequence of lockdown was that God was enforcing a sabbath rest on the UK and that the duration of that Sabbath rest would follow the principle of the duration of the Israelite exile in Babylon, namely that the duration would be set by the Sabbaths denied, according to the pattern of 2 Chronicles 36:21.
058. Paul Slennett received this prophecy in 1989. The accompanying TV programme was filmed in 2009. Thirty six minutes in, Paul draws attention to 1665-6. The great plague came in 1665, but the nation did not repent. The great fire followed a year later, and the king then called the country to humiliation and repentance. Challenging.
057. Brian Johnson shared this in July 2020 on Facebook. See what you think. He says he does not normally receive words from the Lord like this. Note that it is not an encouragement to hoard, but rather to develop an attitude of trusting God despite the circumstances.
The time is coming when you will be without many daily necessities. You must prepare in advance by seeking my face and asking me to provide for all your needs. Your needs will be many and varied and many will experience at that time significant loss of goods and property.
I will care for you and your loved ones during this time of need. However you need to be on your knees daily in supplication to me. Hard and difficult times are coming to this earth and my people need to prepare now for these.
Call out to me night and day for guidance and protection from the trials that will come. Do not be unaware of the difficulties you will face. Look to me continually and I will provide all that you need. Do not store up for yourselves resources for the future, as my hand will provide your every need.
Read Brian's passion here.
056. The Archbishop's call to prayer for \November 2020.
055. I have just been pointed to The Last Reformation and New Christian websites. A major effort by both!
054. I find it ironic that the Pfizer vaccine should have been anounced with great fanfare in the same week that the new strain of Covid arising from mink farming in Denmark should have surfaced. Note the connection to luxury (James 5:1-3). And the longing to return to 'normal life'. If that means living like we did before, I don't want it personally. See verses 4 - 6.
053. Our society thinks of death as the end, like a candle being snuffed out, but Jesus' attitude was different. He spoke about life after death in his parable of Dives and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31), and in his account of the sheep and the goats, where some go into eternal life and others go into eternal punishment (Matthew 25:46). The dying thief would soon be with Jesus in Paradise (Luke 23:43). Those that die are only lost to us who remain alive until we too are gathered to our forefathers. He proved it by rising from death himself and appearing to his followers, even to a group of 500 (1 Corinthians 15:6). Death is not the end!
052. Who decides what makes it into the news? A friend of mine has next door neighbours whose son took his life in his early fifties, because he was shattered when his partner of twenty-six years left him. The elderly couple are distraught. My friend asked me what she should say to them. What would you say? There must be many stories like that brought on by the pandemic, but people tend to talk about their successes in life but not their griefs, so we don't hear about them. The danger with not opening up is that we become isolated.
051. Clifford Hill's new book Beyond the Pandemic: Is there any word from the Lord? was launched on Monday 12th October at 1800. It is an attempt to read the signs of the times. I found it compelling reading. I have been following Clifford since the late 1980s and find him to be a man of integrity.
050. We are told athat the government has lost control of the virus, but did anybody ever have control of it? We would do better to humble ourselves, and admit that there are things in this life that are beyond our control. See 1 Peter 5:6, and while you're there, note the encouraging verse 7 too.
049. I notice that my friends on Facebook post in an upbeat manner and seldom share if they are feeling down. This can give me the impression that everybody else is doing OK and that in having troubled thoughts I am in the minority. I think this is a shame. Let's dare to share from the heart. I'm told that the relapse and overdose rate has increased by 30% since March 2020. Mental health issues related to our lock down and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. MIND has a 24-hour helpline: 0300 123 3011.
048. If your response to Covid-19 is to say Ho - Hum, then try Nahum chapter one verse seven (Nay - Hum).
047. Even those of us who are shielding can do something to help. I am offering English language practice by Zoom. See here. Be imaginative!
046. It seems that the number of DIY abortions at home in the UK from March to August 2020 may have been 90,000, more than twice the number of deaths from Covid-19. See here. The government wants to make this facility permanent.
045. At the end of August, I heard on the news that the number of Covid19 cases worldwide had passed twenty-five million. That is a third of one percent of world population. Even if the true figure is ten times larger, that is still only three percent. The crisis has a long way to run.
044. I have read God and the Pandemic by Tom Wright twice now. Much to chew on. (April 2020, SPCK, London). Rather than asking (or declaring) why the virus came, he says the Christian response is to ask what. What can I do to help?
043. Hitler and co. would not have got anywhere if it had not been for all the turmoil of the previous years. The armistice at the end of the first world war was most unfavourable to Germany, arousing resentment. The partying of the twenties was followed by the slump of the thirties and mass unemployment. It was in this context that Hitler was able to get voted in, proved himself to be a gifted leader, and then led people down the wrong path.
Fast forward to today. Our present turmoil creates great opportunities for good or ill. Turmoil can also lead to good outcomes. The education act of 1944 and the national health service both came out of the war, as did the weekend. Pleasing.
Now we have turmoil again. Will it prove to be a springboard for growth and improvement? Or will the desperation of many allow something hideous to arise in our midst? Boris Johnson 's Covid19 advice seems sound in this context. We need to stay alert.
042. I have written a thirty-five minute internet play for a small group about the possible coming of the mark of the beast in our day, arising from feedback 036 below. A serious subject, but a fun read-through.
041. Don't miss Feedback 006 and its file. Rather buried by now.
040. I find I am re-evaluating my life, because my usual activities have stopped, and there is time for reflection. I would prefer to be busy and active. Never mind.
039. Perhaps believing in God does not appeal. See here. If you think I am guilty of discrimination, please see here.
038. This site receives very little feedback. When I started it, I expected abuse, but none came. Silence is impossible to interpret. Tricky.
037. I notice that during the lockdown in the UK, we have made abortion even easier - one can now phone to request help to do it at home by mail - and parliament has now made ending a marriage even easier. Now there are moves in parliament to make abortion easier still. See here for my thoughts and Lynn's story, a retired midwife. It all runs counter to the argument of this website. I feel very sad about this.
036. See this call for a microchip on the hand. I have been wondering when this would come. See Revelation 13:16f for the prophecy of a mark on people without which they cannot buy or sell. The book emphasises that we should not accept such a mark. I am happy to carry a card, but branding is for animals not for humans. I will never agree to it.
035. I enjoy the theatre. As we come to June, my feeling is that we are at the beginning of act two of a three act drama. Resolution won't come until the end of act three. Act two tends to have unexpected developments and end in a more complex place than the end of act one in my view. See what you think.
034. There was a Global call to repentance on Wednesday May 27th, another opportunity on Thursday 28th; one on Friday 29th and one on Saturday 30th. Note the sense of momentum.
033. Have you heard the spiritual with new words, Hold on a little while longer? Remarkably apt.
032. Regarding prophetic hints (see 014 and 016 below) see this article about Dave Wilkerson's possible prediction of the pandemic.
031. Choral groups are producing online videos. I created The Lockdown Blues for them recently. The words are 'De virus is all ober de world - wattcha gonna do? I'm gonna cry... I'm gonna pray'. I had the suffering people of the slave plantations in the Carribean two hundred years ago in mind. Do you think the theme sumarises our present plight?
030. Tuesday 26th May was the 80th anniversary of the day or prayer called for the Dunkirk evacuation. See here. There was much prayer all through the war. Note the image of the queue outside Westminster Abbey a couple of minutes into this video.
029. Read about the huge plague of locusts which is not being reported in the UK news yet.
028. "If you just touch one individual with the site, it will be worth everything." Thanks!
027 (re 026). "If what I have for some weeks been sensing in my own spirit is correct, I believe your understanding is right; this is only the beginning. I am convinced that the Lord's purpose is to communicate His grief and anger, with the intention of bringing about repentance - so that He is then able to show His love and mercy and bring many to salvation. I have had in mind a number of times Amos ch.4 and Isaiah 45:7." Thank you for this. I appreciate the Bible passages.
026. My belief grows stronger that there are grim times ahead, and that the nation will be driven to it's knees. See here.
025. In his broadcast on 10th May, the Prime Minister referred to "this devlish illness." For what the Bible teaches about the Devil, see here
024. So far, interest in this website appears to have been slight, judging by the small amount of feedback. The national mood is not one of crying out to God yet as far as I can tell. This may change if things get truly dire. See Exodus 2:23, a verse that God has been drawing my attention to during the lockdown. See here.
023. "I think that people are drawn to Jesus by experiencing the love of God, and it's the church that needs to repent." Thank you. Worth pondering.
022. I can't help feeling that we are in a phoney war. I don't think it will all be over by Christmas. See Jeremiah 23:16 and following, and also 6:14.
021. "Didn't someone once suggest that trying to fathom out God's will is like standing close to an impressionist painting - it's all a muddled blur. You need to step back to see the whole picture!" Thanks. Yes, when it comes to prophecy, we see through a glass darkly (1 Corinthians 13:12).
020. "I believe this to be a wake up call to those who claim to be His followers to rediscover holy fear. Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Hopefully we will emerge from this time wiser and stronger in the Lords strength, ready and fit to do the work He has prepared for each one of us for His Kingdom." Thanks. Helpful quote of Proverbs 1:7, which continues 'but fools scorn wisdom and discipline'. I hope so too.
019. "I hope your web site is a useful sound board for people who are looking for answers either out of anger, love, compassion, belief, confusion , conviction or the need to converse - it is a good thing that you have the will spirit and guts to put yourself out there - I wish you well. For me it is still a form of reflection - but through gardening, art, music and family - but the certainty is - it has provided us all with space to think, evaluate and change - hopefully for the better - both for ourselves and for others and through that disovering more about ourselves ." Thank you for this. So encouraging. Much appreciated.
018. "Anyone who adheres to a set of rules written by people who lived 1000s of years ago is by definition archaic and I'm afraid you will never convince me anything other than delusional." Guilty as charged! Here's why.
017. Have you noticed Isaiah 26:20 - 21? Sounds very like lockdown.
016. "Why was there no prophecy in advance of Covid19?" Please see here. But perhaps there was... see here.
015. Have you noticed that in 1940, the king put out a call to the nation to pray and people turned to God, but today we look to the government to be our saviour?
014. "Surely God does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets (Amos 3:7)." Have you heard of any prophecies of the current situation of disease? I have not, but since the late 1980s I have been hearing the message from Clifford Hill of Prophecy Today that God would shake the nations (Haggai 2:7). Notice it is the plan, counsel or confidence that is revealed, not necessarily the detail.
013. Visit https://www.unite714.com/ for a call to pray along the lines of 2 Chronicles 7:14 at 0714 each day.
012. "If when I was training I told the people that what they were doing was completely wrong, it would not work. Hopeless." It's hard to present this idea without people feeling affronted. However, I appreciate plain talk myself. I have tried to be sensitive.
011. This video from the Bible Society asks similar questions to this website in a sensitive way. I particularly liked this one. See also their online articles.
010. See a video of Prof. John Lennox asking where is God in a Corinavirus world. There is a book of this title too, and a free download.
009. Bill Gates predicted a flu pandemic in 2015, that one would come in the next few decades.
008. "Is your website aimed at your friends?" No, it's for everybody.
007. See a post by Peter Horobin of Ellel Grange here.
006. I am wondering if what we have now is an enforced sabbath rest from God. This is like the exile the Jews had in Babylon. One reason for that was that they had not kept the sabbath for the previous 490 years. That is why the exile lasted seventy years, so that the land could enjoy the sabbath rest it had never had. Leviticus 26:33-35. There had been kings in Israel, starting with David, for 467 years, so 490 years takes us back into the time of the judges. You can read about the decline in society during that period in the book of Judges. Its final chapters are horrific to my mind. Here in the UK, we passed our Sunday trading act in 1994, twenty-six years ago. That would imply that we owe nearly four years of sabbath rest by now, so maybe our busy lives will not resume until the end of 2023. See here for more. Let's hope I am wrong, but I advise you to prepare for the long haul. Our lawn is now a veg plot!
005. "Young people won't read a web page without pictures." I may add some, but too many could get in the way in my view.
004. "Read a prophecy by David Noakes dated March 30th." Thank you. I have known David for thirty years and find him to be a man or integrity.
003. "We find the way you have wrapped up CV19 with abortion/denigration of marriage/love of money in the UK to be a link which we do not find helpful. We do see the Corona virus as an aspect of our fallen world but not as a direct punishment for sin. May be that is not what you were saying either but it is the way it came across to us. We think that the Queen's unprecedented Easter message and that of Justin Welby were calls to consider both Jesus and our need to change behaviour. Also read this."
Thanks very much for this. With small occurrences affecting only a few people I would agree with you about something being the result of the fall, but not with a large scale catastrophe of the type that is mentioned so frequently in the prophets. Did you see the material here? Personally, as the economic fall-out slowly unfolds, I am already comparing it to Revelation 18. As regards the archbishop asking that life after the pandemic be more beautiful than it was before I recalled Ezekiel 13:10-16. Surely what we had before cannot be described as having been beautiful? Note that the aim of God's violent activity expressed here is that people will know he is the Lord. This theme comes many times in Ezekiel, which I have read again in the last few days. I appreciated the Tear Fund article but am not persuaded by it.
I don't expect people to agree with me, although some might, but I do hope that this website may generate thought and discussion. Your input is a real help.
002. Did you see Andrea Bocelli singing Amazing Grace on the steps of Milan Cathedral? It's on Youtube, title Music for Hope. Comes at the end of his recital. The words of Amazing Grace were by John Newton, who was captain of a slave ship before he became a follower of Jesus. It reminded me that some people think God is only interested in good people, but the reverse is the case: Jesus said, "I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance (Luke 5:32). Actually, the 'righteous' are not really righteous at all but sinners like the rest of us but they won't admit it. Not a good idea! See first letter of John 1:8-9.
001. "For **** sake hire a web builder!" Thanks! But does it really matter? See Luke 7:24-25. It's the issue, not the format; the site is uncluttered and I can update it easily.